Psychotherapy Evidence-Based Practice Movie Paper
Pick a movie that portrays a character or characters who is/are experiencing a psychological disorder/mental illness, such as one from the following list. Alternatively, pick a movie that portrays an example of a certain type of therapy, any therapy for example (Narrative Therapy, Feminist Therapy, Person-Centered Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, GroupTherapy).
Note: Please, DO NOT CHOOSE “Addiction Therapy”
- Leaving Las Vegas
- A Clockwork Orange
- What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
- Boys Don’t Cry
- Benny and Joon
- Girl Interrupted
- Mad Love
- Rain Man
- A Beautiful Mind
- Madness of King George
- Fight Club
- The Fisher King
- One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- Twelve Monkeys
- The Three Faces of Eve
- The Silence of the Lambs
- Ordinary People
- Analyze This/Analyze That
- Final Analysis
- The Great Gatsby
Watch the movie and then please do the following:
- Write a very brief summary of the movie. Give me some clear evidence that you watched it.
- Write a description of how the psychological disorder and/or the therapy that was portrayed.
- Research and include evidence based practice related to the disorder/therapy portrayed.
- Write a critical analysis of how accurate or inaccurate you found the portrayal of the disorder/therapy. Show evidence of your knowledge of the psychological disorder/mental illness or the type of therapy (i.e. include information from class or the text).
Your total paper should be 6 pages in length, typed, and double-spaced. Use APA format.
Free of plagiarism (TURNITIN assignment)
Background: I am currently enrolled in the Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, I am a Registered Nurse, and I work in a Psychiatric Hospital.